Happy Thanksgiving! Once again I’m holding in my heart all my family and friends up to our good God with thanksgiving. The cup of life overflows the brim with the memories of doing life with you. Thank you for being a part of my life.
Above all I give thanks for the grace of God in my life through Christ Jesus, my Lord. Just thinking about His mercy and love fills me with thanksgiving. Knowing that because of his grace I will be reunited with my family and friends who have have already gone to heaven compels me to share God’s love with everyone.
Almost every day, I write down three specific things in my journal that I am thankful for. For instance today:
- I am grateful today for how my beautiful wife baked a German Chocolate Cake last night. I’m further grateful that she let me go ahead have a slice last night too!
- I am grateful that my Christopher and his girlfriend were able to come home and spend the holiday with us.
- I am grateful for the firewood that friends split and brought to us.
- I am grateful for Calder’s Chocolate Milk served hot in a mug with whipped cream.
- I am grateful for video chat apps like FaceTime and Skype to talk with family and friends.
- I am grateful for the beautiful Autumn’s in Michigan. I’ve been waiting to share the picture I took of Oakwood Park for Thanksgiving Day.
Okay, I know that is more than three. But you get the idea.
It’s a Biblical practice to give thanks that will increase your joy and hope. Let me encourage you to write a Thanksgiving list daily.