Happy Friday Family,
At Woodland Church we are taking precautionary measure to protect and care spiritually, emotionally, and physically for our Woodland Family in light of the recent developments with the Coronavirus. We are asking you to help us keep you safe and protect others as well. At this time we are not cancelling our Sunday services. We will have three services this weekend Saturday at 6:00 PM and Sunday at 8:30 and 10:00 AM. Please consider attending the Saturday service or Sunday early service to help us remain below the 250 attendance that Governor Whitmire has mandated.
Sunday, I will preach a message on “Responding to a Crisis.” “God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.” (Psalm 46:1, NLT) I’m anticipating a worshipful service with the wonderful and warm presence of our Lord, answers to prayer as we trust the promise of God’s Word. Here is what we are doing and our plans currently.
As a church family we have weathered together the panics around Y2K, 9/11, the 2009 Swine Flu pandemic, and two major national financial reversals. Each of these crisis have afforded us ministry opportunities in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ and a great deal of teaching moments. Our trust is in God! We will observe all proper precautions as wise people should. Here are some precautionary measures that we are requesting.
We will have three weekend services, Saturday night, I will preach the same message during our Saturday Prayer Service, Sunday Morning at 8:30 and then the 10:00 service in order to keep our attendance below 250 as Governor Whitmire has mandated. During our greeting time please do not shake hands. Give air high fives or elbow bump. The pastors will be available for prayer and the anointing of oil after services. Please give your tithes and offerings online, or by texting WoodlandChurch to 77977 and click the link to give. Giving Baskets will be available at the doors, the foyers, and the Connection Table. This is a good time to set up recurring giving online. If you are running fever or have concerns that you come in contact with the virus please stay home. Following is a list of other actions we are taking.
- Let’s reflect Christ in all we say and do.
- Let’s pray for one another, the sick, researchers, our health care providers, missionaries, and others serving in overseas.
- Let’s greet one another in the name of our Lord, but avoid shaking hands. Some are bumping elbows.
- Let’s wash our hands vigorously and frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. Hand sanitizer is available throughout the building, although handwashing with soap is the preferred method.
- Our bathrooms, counters, door handles, Timber Ridge and nurserys will be cleaned and sanitized between services.
- The Timber Ridge slide will be closed.
- If you need to cough or sneeze, please do so in your elbow.
- Please consider attending the Saturday night service at 6:00 or Sunday morning at 8:30 or 10:00 am, this will keep our attendance below 250 at each service.
- If you are sick or running fever please stay home.
- If you know someone that is sick with Coronavirus please let us know we will continue ministering to the sick through prayer in the name of Jesus Christ. We will also explore additional ways to help.
God has not called us to live in fear but live in faith. “For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline.” (2 Timothy 1:7, NLT)
For specific Woodland news please check our website www.Woodland.Church, our Facebook page, and my personal site www.DennisClanton.com. You can also find current information at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html or https://www.michigan.gove/coronavirus.
This is our most update to information. We will keep you updated if there are any changes.
Do not be afraid. Be wise. Be prepared. Most importantly Be Faithful!
I love you!
Your Pastor and Friend